Hello,

We'd like to invite you to our upcoming Happy Museum Open Workshop,
'Volunteering – Who benefits?'

*Date and time: *4th February 2014, 10.30-16.00

*Cost:* Free attendance

*Location:* Bilston Craft Gallery, Mt Pleasant, Bilston, West Midlands WV14
7LU

*Travel directions:* http://www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/getting-here/

*Venue website:* http://www.wolverhamptonart.org.uk/visit/bilston/

*Refreshments:* A lunch will be provided.

*Who should come?: *This day is designed for people working or volunteering
in museums who have responsibility for volunteer management and
organisation.

*Content overview*

How can museum work better with their volunteers in order to be resilient
organisations who: generate wellbeing; promote mutually beneficial
relationships; are effective stewards for the environment; and enablers of
active citizenship.

*Objectives*

The day will offer participating museums the opportunity to work together
and individually to look at and develop their knowledge, skills and
understanding of:

·        current volunteering policy and good practice

·        motivations for volunteering , roles and potential roles and
inclusion

·        institutional values and the development of volunteering

*·*        volunteering costs and benefits

*At the end of the day participants will:*

·         have reflected on their individual organisation and analysed the
volunteering practice in relation to the: benefits, organisational values
and development and the costs

·         be equipped with examples of good practice and guidelines on
volunteering legislation

·         have worked with peers to identify challenges, share practice and
find  potential solutions

·         have investigated volunteering through the lens of the Happy
Museum principles

*HOW DO I SIGN UP?* Sign up for the day by emailing
[log in to unmask] Please state your name, contact details,
position, and museum affiliation. Also, let us know if you have any food
intolerances. Numbers are limited so if you’re interested, please get in
touch asap.

All the best,

Nicola Mann

Happy Museum Project