Thank you very much

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Jeanette Mumford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

No, you should not mean center within group, that removes the ability of that regressor to adjust for mean differences due to age.

See this for more details
http://mumford.fmripower.org/mean_centering/

Cheers,
Jeanette

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Himanshu Joshi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Jennate,
Season's greetings,
I want to generate design.mat and design.con file for dual regression and I have a confusion

If suppose I have two groups
first group mean age is X
and second group mean age is Y
for i=0......n
demeaning for first group is xi-X and demeaning for second group yi-Y
Shall I enter these demeaned values like this
or
shall I consider all the subject irrespective of which group they belong and demean accordingly and enter these demeaned values to their corresponding subjects in Glm.