Hello

An other alternative would be to apply the affine transform to the nifti
header in all the raw data
before running topup. This is the way spm handel coregistration. (so if
you use spm coregister, the header
is change without interpolation).
I can understand that in some case it may be confusing to change the
header (and not to have an external transformation)
but it is convenient to easily avoid several interpolation.
I do not know if there is in fsl a way to apply an affine transformation
to the nifti header (without changing the data)
but it would be nice to have it

Cheers

Romain