Dear FSL list members:
We are looking to fill a postdoctoral position in early 2014 to study neuroimaging in motor neuron disorders in the intramural program of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.

Our group has been working on identifying imaging biomarkers for progression of degeneration in motor neuron disease. We utilize several MRI modalities including diffusion tensor imaging, volumetric analysis, and functional magnetic resonance imaging. We recently began a longitudinal study of persons with a genetic mutation that can cause amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or frontotemporal dementia (FTD). Quantitative MRI imaging is used to explore and document progression. Within this study, there will be opportunities to develop individual exploratory imaging projects. All MRI studies are carried out in the NMR center, a dedicated research facility at the NIH.

To be eligible for this position, you must be within 5 years of receiving your doctoral degree (MD or PhD). Applicants must have excellent communication skills, and an ability to work in a team as well as independently. A variety of imaging analysis programs are used in the lab, some of which use Linux or Matlab command line language. Experience in quantitative magnetic resonance imaging analysis methods or relevant fields is a plus. The initial appointment will be for 2 years, with the possibility of extension. Salary will follow the NIH guidelines for intramural research training awards (www.training.nih.gov/programs/postdoc_irp<http://www.training.nih.gov/programs/postdoc_irp>).

If you are interested, please send a letter and your c.v. to Dr. Mary Kay Floeter, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Mary Kay Floeter MD PhD
Senior Clinician, OCD, NINDS, NIH
Bld 10 CRC Room 6-5742
Bethesda MD 20892-1404