Hi - on the basis of T1-weighted images it’s not easy to get a really accurate estimate of ICV - partly because both CSF and skull are dark.   If you look at T2 data (or e.g. T1 and T2 combined - e.g. with betsurf) you can get closer.

Cheers.

On 16 Dec 2013, at 08:09, Olof Lindberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear FSL experts
>
> I want to get a number for intracranial volume. I know that Sienax output a scaling factor that i principle could be used for normalizing volumetric data etc.
> However I would also prefer to get a real number for the ICV - can I use the scaling factor and multiply it by the volume of the template? And in that case do we know what is the volume of the template?
>

> an explanation would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Olof Lindberg

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet