PG study at Lancaster –

James

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gillen, Julia
Sent: 02 December 2013 12:36
To: baalmail
Subject: [Baalmail] Postgraduate funding opportunities in Linguistics and English Language degrees at Lancaster University

The Department of Linguistics and English Language at Lancaster University is pleased to announce the release of funding opportunities that accepted candidates to our MA and PhD programmes can apply for.

On-Campus Programmes

·         MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)

·         MA in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)

·         MA in Discourse Studies

·         MA in English Language and Literary Studies

·         MA in Language and Linguistics

·         MA Digital Language and Literacies

Distance Learning & Collaborative Programmes

·         MA in English Language (By Distance)

·         MA in Language Testing (By Distance)

·         MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (web-based learning)

·         MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Hong Kong)
This MA is taught face-to-face in Hong Kong by lecturers from Lancaster.

Funding opportunities for MA students comprise:

Departmental scholarships

Faculty scholarships

ESRC 1+3 studentships

Our PhD programmes are full-time or part-time and students can be either in Lancaster or off-campus.

PhD by Research

PhD by Thesis and Coursework.

Funding opportunities for PhD studies comprise :

ESRC NW Doctoral training Centre studentships

Faculty scholarship competitions

AHRC North West consortium doctoral training partnership studentships.

Please see our website for further information on all our programmes and funding opportunities.

Dr Julia Gillen

Senior Lecturer in Digital Literacies

Director of Studies: M.A. in Discourse Studies & M.A. in Language and Linguistics,

Department of Linguistics and English Language

Lancaster University

Lancaster

LA1 4YL

UK

Tel: +44 (0) 1524 510830

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/profiles/Julia-Gillen

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]