Dear all
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Sent from my iPad
Heba Hagrass

Ph.D. in Disability Studies
Sociology and Social Policy Department
University of Leeds, UK
M.A, Anthropology, Disability & Gender Studies
American University in Cairo
Mobile:(002)012-211-2107
2 Midan Kasr El-Doubara
Garden City
Postal Code11461
Cairo,Egypt

On 20 Dec 2013, at 08:43 pm, "Cole, Ellie" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear colleagues,

We wish you all a very merry festive season and a happy and productive new year!

Here is the last update from the Leonard Cheshire Disability and Inclusive Development Centre for 2013.... we hope you find it of interest.

Seminar series

The next seminars in our current season are:

'My friends are my anchors' - friendship and communications disability

Tuesday, 14 January 2014, 5pm-7pm

https://gdr1401.eventbrite.co.uk

Sheila Wirz memorial symposium: A celebration of her work

Monday, 10 February 2014, 4.30pm-8pm

https://gdr1002.eventbrite.co.uk

The audio and presentation from our most recent seminar will be available online in the new year:

(Dis)ability and Disaster

Dr Ilan Kelman and Professor Laura Stough

All of the seminars in our series can be found here:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/lc-ccr/seminars

Recent Publications

Recent publications from the research centre that may be of interest:

Groce, N. (2013). Disability and the League of Nations: the Crippled Child’s Bill of Rights and a call for an International Bureau of Information, 1931. Disability and Society.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/09687599.2013.831752

Groce, N., Challenger, E., Kerac, M. (2013) 'Stronger Together: Nutrition-Disability Links and Synergies' Briefing Note, UNICEF.

http://www.unicef.org/disabilities/files/Stronger-Together_Nutrition_Disability_Groce_Challenger_Kerac.pdf

Groce, N., Rohleder P, Eide AH, MacLachlan M, Mall S, Swartz L. (2013) HIV issues and people with disabilities: a review and agenda for research. Social Science and Medicine. 77:31–40

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277953612007460

An article in the New Agriculturlist showcased an urban and peri-urban agriculture project undertaken as part of our DFID-funded Cross-Cutting Disability Research Programme.

 http://www.new-ag.info/en/focus/focusItem.php?a=3097

All of the publications from the centre can be found here:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/lc-ccr/centrepublications

We do hope you find this of interest.  Apologies for any cross-posting, and happy new year!

Best wishes,

Ellie.

Ellie Cole

Academic Administrator

Leonard Cheshire Disability and Inclusive Development Centre

Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London

1-19 Torrington Place, London, UK, WC1E 6BT

Phone: +44 (0)20 3108 3146

Fax: +44 (0)20 3108 3167

Website: www.lcdisability.org/idc

Twitter: @LCDIDC