Apologies for cross posting

Dear DS-RES,

Over the last several months, I have been working on a documentary series. At this point, the trailer is not ADA accessible. However, we are working on that and the final versions of the documentaries will be. I will keep the list-serv updated with progress we make. Please send any questions to [log in to unmask]

Respectfully,
Maggie Quinlan, Lynn Harter, Evan Shaw, and Tom Hodson

"Creativity arises out of the tension between spontaneity and limitations, the limitations forcing the spontaneity into the various forms which are essential to the work of art." - Rollo May

The Courage of Creativity, focuses on art as a form of healing, communication and individual growth. It also examines the incredible leap of faith required for a truly creative endeavor - especially during a time of personal struggle.

While the series has a large focus on art in a clinical or communal context - the concepts apply to anyone who has ever had to find the courage to create - to fully trust in their own ideas and processes, and to accept their creation as something beautiful and something with meaning.

Lynn Harter, Evan Shaw, Tom Hodson and  I envision a PBS documentary series entitled The Courage of Creativity. We have uploaded a ten minute trailer that offers viewers a glimpse into the first of three programs to be featured, each in stand-alone installations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UohnRbvmCo

Although these programs differ in size, scope and location, each realizes the power of art to foster fuller and richer relational, institutional, and communal life. They invite us to contemplate the role of artists in crafting meaningful dwelling places for individuals living with profound vulnerability.  We all remain indebted to participants who allow us to bear witness to their courage and creative energies. We appreciate Barbara Geralds Schoonover and Michelle Schoonover Payne for their ongoing support of and participation in this project.

--
Margaret M. Quinlan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Communication