Second Call For Papers

Apologies for cross-posting, please note the deadline for abstracts is 29th December 2013

Please share with your networks and interested parties

Call for Papers: Special Issue: Global Childhood Studies

Bridging the divide: Researching Children/ Young People and Sexuality

Guest Editors

Nelly Ali (Birkbeck)

Joe Hall (University of Hull)

After a great success of our paper and panel sessions at the RGS Annual Conference, we are very pleased to share that we have secured a special edition volume of the peer reviewed journal Global Childhood Studies.

The sub-fields of children's and youth geographies and geographies of sexualities often deal with intersecting themes that cross-cut the (seemingly) mutually exclusive nature of these fields. In our proposed sessions we aim to bring these themes to the forefront and bridge the divide between these geographical sub-fields by prompting a stimulating discussion between children's and youth geographers (and scholars of childhood and youth more broadly) and researchers of sexuality. We hope this long overdue interaction will kick start a rich and rewarding dialogue that may continue for years to come.

We are seeking abstracts for a methodologically focused collected edition that we hope will address the practical aspects of conducting research with children/ young people around issues of sexuality. This may include papers given by early career researchers who have, or are about to explore a topic of sexuality with children/ young people in contrasting socio-cultural contexts. It may also include papers by experienced researchers who may be able to offer insight and practical advice for conducting ethically sound research with various types of children/ young people. We also welcome papers that explore innovative approaches to data collection and analysis.

Please submit proposed titles and abstracts of no more than 500 words to Nelly Ali ([log in to unmask]) and Joe Hall ([log in to unmask])by 29th December 2013.

Schedule:

Abstracts in: 29th December 2013

Acceptance communicated 15th January 2014

First Draft of Papers: 15th March 2014

Reviews Complete 15th May 2014

Modifications: 30th June 2014

Checks and Editorial: 1st August 2014

Final Version ready for submission 15th September 2014

Best,

Joe

Joe Hall  |  Doctoral Candidate  |  GEES  |  University of Hull  |  HU6 7RX  |  UK

Tel: +44 (0)1482 465313  |  Personal Profile  LinkedIn  Follow me on Twitter