Alison

I am quite sure it is not you to be snide about anyone. That was one of the reasons why I was so bewildered by your post. I still don't understand why you posted, don't understand at all,  but my delayed reaction was not only about your post but the follow ups to it which were not by you.

I can not only be impatient but also an idiot a complete prick a fool and sometimes wise kind compassionate and even funny. In that farrago I am probably like the rest of our peculiar species however being in possession of an accent-possessed gob that makes much of the world want to fall over in derision I tend to make noise in self-defense. I suspect other accents do the same to people, even in warmer climates.

I have these days a clutch of Anglo-Scandinavian friends, but if I ever sought out a Swedish film for its humour I suspect that might be the day the men in the white coats should be summoned (without any pills thank you). I don't need cheering up, I am happy most of the time, apart from
say when i wake up at 3 in the morning silently screening. I joke, I chuckle, I wheeze with emphysema but one of the best things of all that has happened to me of late is no longer having to deal even at arms length with awful local literati. I still write and my laughter lines continue.

I haven't had a ciggy in five years and am even remembering how to cook. And can definitely enjoy both Heaney and Prynne :)