That's great, David,
I think  my poetry absorption seems to have taken a similar route but my 'reading and escapism' was from a strict, possibly restricted, up-bringing to a housebound-mummified situation which was not keen to recognise the authenticity of the poetic.
 David Jones I see as a fore-runner of the kind of poetry I'm most interested in now : post-avante perhaps…
Tilla

Tilla Brading