It's all relative, Tim, as you know. I remember watching Germans swimming in the Norwegian Sea above the Arctic Circle (nothing the Norwegians would do except when very drunk on Midsummers day, when the sun never set). OK, it was March, but the water is still just melted ice. Anything farther north than Los Angeles is too cold for me.
Cheers,

Jaime Robles