From: Mark Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
To: BRITISH-IRISH-POETS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sun, Dec 8, 2013 9:11 pm
Subject: Re: baBoom

Peter: It's tempting to agree with this. But I don't know that anyone reads innocently--your own deep immersion in modernism, for instance, has trained your ability to read certain texts. Hard to imagine anybody coming upon Prynne with no knowledge of what came before. To that extent modernism and a great deal else "inhabits the present tense of reading a poem."