Dear Marcel,

David Killick and I found evidence in thin section that smiths in the
EBA/MBA in the E. Hungarian plain were using bog iron to flux copper
smelts.  Sometimes they'd be able to precipitate small prills of metallic
iron during the process, no doubt accidentally.  I'd be happy to send you a
.pdf if that is of any interest to you.

Chris Papalas