SEMINAR: 17 December 2013 - RSS Glasgow Group
https://sites.google.com/site/rssglasgow/events

The Glasgow Local Group of the Royal Statistical Society is holding their AGM and a seminar on Public Engagement on Tuesday 17thDecember at the University of Strathclyde. There will be a number of speakers, from University of Glasgow and University of Edinburgh.

This event is free and open to all, in particular we welcome non-members.

Speakers:
	Ruth Dundas - Inequalities in Mortality Mountain Plot Jigsaw
	Tony Robertston & Paul McCrorie - Design a Healthy Lifestyle app
	Karen Wood & Gillian Fergie - Health in the City Game

Abstract: Engaging the public with our research and work is challenging. We have created 3 activities and trialled them with members of the public (aged 7-70) at the Glasgow Science Centre. We will discuss how we developed these activities (Inequalities in Mortality Mountain Plot Jigsaw; Design a Healthy Lifestyle app; Health in the City Game) and then you will have the opportunity to try the activities.

Time:
	AGM 17:15-17:20
	Seminar 17:20-18:15 on Tuesday 17 December 2013, followed by wine & mince pies.

Place:
	Room LT908, Livingstone Tower, University of Strathclyde. http://www.strath.ac.uk/maps/livingstonetower/

This event is part of the International Year of Statistics (Statistics2013). http://www.statistics2013.org/

SIGNOFF allstat