Dear All,

We'd appreciate some help with this.

We've had some complaints about our TAT for baby samples and it has been suggested we should use Lithium heparin anticoagulated blood for UE, LFT, calcium etc instead of serum in babies.

Does anyone have any showing differences in reference ranges between serum & plasma, please?

Helen
Helen Smith,
Consultant Clinical Biochemist,
02392 286000 ext. 1280

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/