Hi Rowley
You do not need NRES approval for this study as you rightly state. If
the study is linked with an academic institution you can apply for
ethical approval using their processes. Are these underwriters in the
NHS or another organisation?? I can't really suggest anything other
than to produce a document that asesses risk in a sensible way to
submit along with the study protocol?
BW
Sue

--
Suzanne Mason
Professor of Emergency Medicine

Tel: 0114 2220694
       0114 2714972 (NHS Secretary: Jill Bishop)