Hello all,

At Comics Forum 2013 I made eleven announcements regarding the work the organisation is doing, and the plans we have for the next year. These were live tweeted by Hattie Kennedy on @ComicsForum but I am also including a list below for anyone who may be interested. Fuller information, including details of contributors, can be found at http://comicsforum.org. A huge thank you to all those who have been involved in making this happen!

1.       Comics Forum is shifting to become an unincorporated association.

2.       @ComicsForum is two years old.

3.       Comics Forum’s Facebook page is eighteen months old.

4.       The Comics Forum News Review is one year old.

5.       Comics Forum will launch a reviews column in March 2014.

6.       Comics Forum presents ‘Comics and Cultural Work’ in December 2013.

7.       Research from the University of Lincoln’s ‘Comics and the World Wars’ research project will be available on the Comics Forum website from January 2014.

8.       Comics Forum will host a bi-annual International Bande Dessinée Society column from January 2014.

9.       News and content from Germany’s Gesellschaft für Comicforschung will be translated in a bi-monthly column on Comics Forum launching in February 2014.

10.   A new monthly column on Manga Studies will launch on Comics Forum in April 2014.

11.   Routledge will publish Representing Multiculturalism in Comics and Graphic Novels, a new book spinning out of Comics Forum 2012, in Winter 2014.

If anyone has any queries or suggestions, or would like to get involved in any of these initiatives, contact details for each section are provided on the website.

Best wishes,

Ian

Ian Hague

Director, Comics Forum: http://comicsforum.org