Dear All,

(Apologies for the cross-post but I wanted to get as much input as
possible!)

Basically, I want to have a filesystem that presents a single POSIX
interface but allows the easy addition and removal of storage behind the
scenes. Quotas would be needed as well as maybe some redundancy (though
as I'll be using RAID 6 boxes, this isn't as important). Ease of setup
and admin would also be a plus!

Basically, I'd like to know what of the usual suspects
(AFS/GPFS/Lustre/etc. etc.) would be best for a fairly lightweight and
easy to maintain Tier3 system. What do other people use? Anything to
consider that I will probably have forgotten? Any comments/suggestions
more than welcome!

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. At present we just have mounted NFS disks in various places which
works but is a bit clunky and makes sharing out data between
users/groups a pain :)