Hi,

I had a different perception of what Maarten replied to me when I asked about the test queues which we have repeatedly used in the past 2-3 years for different sorts of migrations (cvmfs, EMI-2 and SL6/EMI-3)

The concept of test queues is valid in some cases, but not all cases historically.

the reason this didn't work is because some experiments (Maarten mentioned also LHCb) are against permanent tests queues because they think they don't need them. He added the test queues are a valuable tool that we should use where available (atlas for example) and try to get other experiments to use them if conditions have changed.

cheers
alessandra