On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Loreen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear SPMers,

I have conducted a ROI-wise (i.e. 2 ROIs) functional connectivity analysis in REST, which has yielded one correlation coefficient per subject for activity between the 2 ROIs, i.e. each subject's functional connectivity between the two regions.  I would however like to examine if/how individuals' FC between the two regions is associated with a particular personality score I received for each person via survey questions. Do you have any suggestions for how I best go about including this variable in the FC analysis? It is probably not legitimate to simply correlate each subject's personality score with their FC correlation coefficient?

Convert your correlations to Z-score if they have not already been transformed. Then you can simply correlate the Z-scores with your personality score.

Also, I have two runs per person, what would be the best procedure for combining the runs? Or do I compute an average from the two FC correlation coefficients (i.e. one per run)?

If you make the mean of each run 0, then you can concatenate the runs. There are also other options.

Any advice would be great, many thanks in advance!

Regards, Loreen