See below.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Naoki Hirabayashi <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> I'd like to know if I should exclude image with even a little motion
> artifact in VBM analysis.
>
> In a paper they exclude images with excessive motion of > 3mm.
>
> How can I measure distance of motion?

This is the amount of movement needed to make the image line up together.
This is computed during motion correction.

> How much motion artifact should I exclude?

There isn't a definitive value. If you have more than 1 voxel of movement
over a run, I'd discard that run. If you have more than .75mm translation
or 1.5 degree of rotation between adjacent time points, then I'd exclude
those time points.