Good point, Dot. Another way of looking at this is that it is important not to confuse moderation with censorship. Censorship is the refusal to admit certain views. Moderation addresses the repetition of such views, and is the active cultivation of a respectful tone, which in this case certainly would mean declaring this topic, however useful it may have been, entirely dead.  I trust you to know the difference and I am happy if you want to refrain from posting any messages you choose, including those from me.  I would not be offended by such a decision, and I trust that no other reasonable member of the list would either.

Michael

--
Michael Saenger, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English, Southwestern University

Office hours: MW 10:00-11:00, TTh 1:00-2:00

Profile on Academia

http://southwestern.academia.edu/MichaelSaenger

Departmental Profile

http://www.southwestern.edu/departments/faculty/faculty.php?id=saengerm&style=english

Shakespeare and the French Borders of English

http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?pid=661927

The Commodification of Textual Engagements in the English Renaissance

http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&calcTitle=1&isbn=9780754654131&lang=cy-GB