Last call:

Getting a PhD in the UK

Repeat of our one-day course for international doctoral students.

Friday 22nd November 2013

Woburn House, central London http://www.woburnhouse.co.uk/contact.aspx

Student rate £95

This year we are launching a new video during the course. It features doctoral students from many countries explaining how they are addressing the challenges of the UK doctorate.: http://www.angelproductions.co.uk/UKDoctorate.htm

Staff rate £285. If you attend you qualify for £200 reduction in the price of the video including a licence to add it to your intranet.

Places available:

Missenden Masterclasses

Bidding for research funding

New programme with more on writing skills, titles, lay summaries and openings

A second opportunity for your university to signal its support for outstanding research pioneers by sponsoring aspiring academic staff to convert their ideas into successful applications for funding.

Available in two forms:

1.     A week’s intensive residential programme at Missenden Abbey: Monday – Friday, 12th to 16th May 2014

2.    A non-residential alternative at Woburn House in central London: four Fridays: 2nd, 9th, 23rd and 30th May 2014

£1500 (contact us for reduction of fee for multiple bookings)

http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/masterclasses.html

All details, programmes and some personal messages from people who have been on our previous seminars on www.missendencentre.co.uk

Have you sampled our unique archive of genuine phd diaries for use in is your training of supervisors, examiners and research students? 170 first hand accounts by supervisors and students recording their experience of success and failure, admission, upgrade, vivas, appeals and compensation claims.

All ready at http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/links.html

Download, print and use as teaching materials free. Contact me if you have any queries. John.

John Wakeford
www.missendencentre.co.uk
07905111415