Hi

We have had a request from some of our student facing staff for training in how to deal with students who may potentially turn violent. It sounds as if it is mainly about improving staff’s confidence in dealing with very aggressive or aggressive sounding students confidently and turning the situation around. The staff could be student services, lecturers or any other student facing staff.

We offer training on Assertiveness, Customer Service and Influencing Skills already which all touch on the subject but we are now considering whether a ½ day specific session might be more appropriate for this rare situation.

Has anybody else offered any training relating to this? Can you recommend anybody?

Our security staff already receive training from the local police force in dealing with difficult and potentially violent situations and the training would need to be different as we don’t expect our staff to physical restrain somebody for example.

Regards,

Andrea

Andrea Lechner

HRM (Development & Diversity)

Anglia Ruskin University

0845 196 4929

World-leading research.  The government rated 8 areas of our research activity as world-leading in the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008, they were:   Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology and Social Work & Social Policy & Administration.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take  no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the e-mail from your system. Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.
Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may not be a 100% secure communications.