************APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING************

The first meeting of the Public Sector Group in 2014 will take place on Thursday February 6th 2014 at the Westminster Archives Centre.

The overall theme for 2014 is Records Management Challenges in the 21st Century. The theme for our first meeting is Managing Dark Data and Information Governance in the Cloud. We are pleased to welcome Dr Michael Taylor from Matrix Connections who will be looking at managing unstructured or “dark” data. Marc Fresko, who is a regular contributor to the group has entitled his presentation “Driving through Fog Computing”.  Julie Burcham from Inform Consult, will be covering information governance in the cloud for the afternoon session.

The meeting is sponsored by Apperception.

The meeting is free of charge and is open to all members of the IRMS and the wider community. Preferential booking will be given to IRMS members until 2 weeks before the event when the meeting will be opened to all-comers. A sandwich lunch is provided courtesy of our sponsors.

If you are an IRMS member and would like to book a place at the meeting, then please email [log in to unmask] stating your membership number.

If you are not an IRMS member but would like to register an interest in the event please email [log in to unmask] stating that you are a non-member and I will add you to a reserve list and contact you 2 weeks before the event.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me using the [log in to unmask] email address.

I will look forward to catching up with everyone and getting the Public Sector Group off to a good start in 2014.

Elizabeth Barber AMIRMS

IRMS - Chair of the Public Sector Group

irms_logo_member

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]