Apologies for cross-posting

Dear all

National Records of Scotland will next year be taking on an HLF-funded Skills for the Future trainee. We are unsure until we get them what their level of knowledge will be, so we are starting their training plan with the basics just in case.

So that they don't have to listen to me all day waffling on about the principles of records management and archives I would like to make use of some other informal resources. Does anyone know for example of any online tutorials on the basics of RM and archives? I am thinking here along the lines of Cornell University's Digital Preservation Management tutorial (www.dpworkshop.org/dpm-eng/eng_index.html), something they can work through that is hopefully engaging and a bit of fun.

We will also be considering more formal types of training but for the moment we're looking for something more introductory.

All suggestions gratefully received!

Jenny Hunt