I feel very strongly about this, given that one of the big six put up my bills by about 40% and I felt my provider had misrepresented the new costs saying it was only a 19% increase (as if that wasn't bad enough....) (BUT see spreadsheet below for real cost increases...).

I saw the documentary last night about the big six, tax and also other related accountancy matters. I remember when I took a complaint to the ombudsman about the misrepresentation they did not want to know, saying its not their business what they charged.....

But I got hold of world energy prices and clearly they bore no relation to customer end increases.

So.... I want  to write to my MEP about this, since there are trade laws and monopoly commissions and such like.

Has anyone looked at world average energy prices, in relation to the average costs from the 'big six' and then related that to income levels in the UK? I am sure its not statistically as simple as that, but I am just wondering how we can cut through the complex issues around the companies costs, and show how people are really being affected.

Kate

COMPARISON NEW TARIFF WITH OLD
COMPARISON OLD TARIFF (New and Old prices)
UNIT RATES ONLINE ENERGY SAVER 11 ELECTRICITY GAS ELECT GAS ELECT GAS
OLD  PRICES OLD TARIFF

% INCREASE
% INCREASE

PRIMARY 15.28 4.853 20.6 40.8 33.6 56.0

SECONDARY 8.511 2.821 16.9 11.2 29.5 23.1
NEW PRICES OLD TARIFF ONLINE 11

PRIMARY 20.414 7.569 10.7 10.7

SECONDARY 11.019 3.474 10.7 10.7

NEW PRICES NEW TARIFF ONLINE FIXED JAN 2013

PRIMARY 18.435 6.835

SECONDARY 9.95 3.137

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************