The UK Data Service is hosting a webinar to introduce UK Quali Bank, a new qualitative data browsing system, based on robust XML metadata.

The Digital Futures project, sponsored by the ESRC has enabled the creation of a system, UK Quali Bank, that utilises the XML schema QuDEx. QuDEx was developed with the explicit purpose of complementing the Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) for social science study and survey based description.

This webinar will introduce our implementation of QuDEX, and show - very practically - what metadata we use to describe, search and view qualitative files and their relationship to each other within a collection.

As PI of this project, Louise Corti invites you to come and find out more about this really exciting development. Her technical colleagues, Darren Bell at the UK Data Archive and Agustina Martinez at Liverpool John Moore's, will be on hand to answer any more technical questions.

Further details and booking: http://ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=3632

__________________________
Louise Corti
Director, Collections Development and Producer Relations
__________________________
T +44(0) 1206 872145
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W www.data-archive.ac.uk
__________________________
UK Data Service
UK Data Archive
University of Essex
Wivenhoe Park
Colchester
Essex CO4 3SQ

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message
are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service or the UK Data Archive.
This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.