Hi Sarah,

I was one of the volunteers for Sex, Bugs and Rock’n’Roll – I’d be happy to put you in touch with one of the organisers at the BES, if they’ve not already spotted this message.

Holly

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Postles
Sent: 19 November 2013 10:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Festival events & activities

Hi Sarah,

We did a biodiversity recording project for the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad where we did wildlife surveying activities under the banner of 'Meet the Species' at a number of music festivals (Green Man, Wilderness, WOMAD.) I wasn't involved from the very beginning but happy to attempt to answer any questions. I know that another group did something superficially similar called 'Sex, bugs and rock n roll' for the British Ecological Society centenary as well, but don't have a contact I'm afraid.

Best,

Matt

Matt Postles

Project Manager, Bristol Natural History Consortium

Maxet House, 28 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1NG

T: +44 0117 3178751

E: [log in to unmask] W: www.bnhc.org.uk T: @BioBlitzUK FB: /UKBioBlitz

Bristol Natural History Consortium is a collaboration between Avon Wildlife Trust,  BBC Natural History Unit, Bristol City Council, Bristol Zoo Gardens, Environment Agency, Defra, National Trust, Natural England, University of Bristol, University of the West of England, and Wildscreen

Registered Charity: 1123432