From: Marianna Vargas de freitas cruz leite <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 21 November 2013 17:49
Subject: SLAS 14 - Call for Volunteers
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,

The 2014 SLAS conference will be celebrating its 50th anniversary, and in order to reflect this we are planning a vibrant programme that will highlight the diversity of Latin American studies today. We expect to welcome 350 academics to the two and a half-day event. In order to reach this wide audience, the conference will include two keynote speakers and an opening day with cultural activities which are aimed at pushing the boundaries of traditional academic conferences. Amongst the planned cultural activities are a play, and a photographic exhibition.

In this sense, the SLAS 14 Committed is recruiting postgraduate students to help out with conference organising. Volunteer's tasks will range from all issues related to pre-planning (related to panels, presentations and cultural activities) to on-site activities (such as power point and directions). If you are interested in volunteering,  please email me for more details. And, for those who have already demonstrated interest in volunteering, I would kindly ask you to forward this message to others who might also be interested.

Thanks,

Marianna

Marianna Vargas de Freitas Cruz Leite
PhD Candidate
Department of Geography, Environment and Development Studies
Birkbeck College
University of London

Mobile: +44 (0) 78075 27983
Email: [log in to unmask]