Dear list,

Since we notice that some mac users didn´t received the content of the message, I took the liberty of sending it again (... and apologize for the double posting).

"The University of Aveiro will host the 9th Conference of the ICDHS – International Committee for Design History and Design Studies - under the theme Tradition, Transition, Trajectories: Major or Minor Influences? (9-11 July, 2014).
Prior to the conference, on 8 July, two sessions will be organized: a workshop entitled "The European Province" and a roundtable "The European Province, part II: National approaches and wider issues relating to the global provinces".

The call for contributions is now open. Deadline for full works is on 8th January 2014.

We thank you in advance for promoting this important event among your contacts and apologize if you receive this message from a number of sources.
The aim and scope of this conference is to continue to challenge the intellectual and geographical boundaries of knowledge embraced by design history and design studies, thereby stimulating further exploration and understanding of the tensions between countries 'at the periphery' and those that have conventionally dominated the centre ground.

More information about ICDHS 2014:
http://icdhs2014.web.ua.pt/

Helena Barbosa
Convenor

Anna Calvera
Co-Convenor
"

Looking forward to seeing you in Aveiro!
All the best,
Gonçalo Gomes
Departamento de Comunicação e Arte
Universidade de Aveiro