Dear Kev
Yes thanks much for this.  Yes practice is perhaps limiting, and I like, by your use of "experience" the direction towards meaning production.
Let me look at your video!

-----Original Message-----
From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Hilton
Sent: Wednesday, 20 November, 2013 4:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The OTHER Design Thinking / Call For Participants

Hi Jude

A thought I might add to this discussion is that it has been occurring to me in my research on Designing for Transformational Experiences, that we talk about reflection in and on Practice, and reflexion, but in terms of social innovation shouldn't we be encouraging a wider perspective than Practice and maybe refer to reflection and reflexion on Experience. I often start my lectures by asking my audiences to think: "What does this mean for me?" They are not 'practicing' at that point, so I'm asking them to reflect upon their experience, in session, as a 'meaning making' part of the social innovation process.

As an example of what I do you might want to watch the vimeo link just below. It is a public talk I give on gender which engages the audience in thinking about the differences between their intellectual and emotional experiences of gender.

National Institute of Education (Singapore) http://www.nie.edu.sg

DISCLAIMER : The information contained in this email, including any attachments, may contain confidential information.
This email is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) listed above. Unauthorised sight, dissemination or any other
use of the information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by fault, please
notify the sender and delete it immediately.