Hope this is clear(er)!

Best,
Gavin.

On 28 Nov 2013, at 18:04, James Uphill (Prion) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Gavin,

Thanks for that I was confused.
It’s now running  using –cov_names with –method newml and I have included sex as a covariate to allow for incomplete X inactivation.
I also updated my .gen files with X in the first column which seemed to help rather than using the –assume_chromosome option.
Many Thanks

James

From: Oxford Statistical Genetics Software [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gavin Band
Sent: 28 November 2013 17:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OXSTATGEN] Stratifying on multiple covaritaes for non PAR X chromosome using SNPtestv2.5

Hi James,

I'm not sure quite what you mean here.  Generally you would use -cov_names (or one of the similar options) to include covariates in your scan.
Option -stratify_on is specifically designed to allow estimation of separate parameters in each level.  To handle population structure, you probably just want to use -cov_names as for the autosomes here?

Many thanks,
Gavin.