Dear all

After the wonderful ento training day at the NHM and our regular cabinet check I am investigating repining all specimens on unsuitable pins, as some are showing signs of verdigris. We have about 150 000 specimens although I have not yet calculated the percentage which needs repining.

I would love to hear from anyone on the list who has embarked on a repining project - how you went about it, who and what was involved and any general advice and an idea of costs.

I would also be grateful if anyone could send information about

*         how long it takes to repin a specimen with no signs of verdigris, and how long for ones with verdigris

*         any recommendations of people who would undertake such work

If it is easier please email off list, and I can create a summary of responses to send to anyone who expresses an interest.

My email and phone will be changing next week, but the old ones will work for 3 months.

Many thanks in advance.

Ali

Ali Wells
Keeper of Collections (Social History and Natural History)

Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
Jordan Well
Coventry
CV1 5QP

024 7629 4763
www.theherbert.org<http://www.theherbert.org/> / @the_herbert<http://twitter.com/The_Herbert>

[KUA Footer6]<http://www.theherbert.org/whats-on/events-exhibitions/keeping-up-appearances-fashion-through-two-world-wars>
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  Use of the information by anyone else is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please contact the sender with details.  Finally, the recipient should check the email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.

The email has been virus checked but the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Culture Coventry Limited
Registered in Cardiff, Wales
Company No. 8359113
Registered under the Charities Act 1960, Registration No. 1152899

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are requested to contact the sender immediately, and not to disclose or make use of this information.

All e-mails are monitored by Coventry City Council IT Security, using Star Filtering Services.

The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not necessarily those of Coventry City Council.
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The  service is powered by MessageLabs.