-----The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Helen Fothergill <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 21/11/2013 11:50
Subject: sea urchin shells for a feely box

Dear all

We’re wanting to source some sea-urchin shells for a feely box at Aberdeen Maritime Museum

Anyone know of a supplier?

Or do any of you lovely people have random, un-accessioned shells you might be willing to pass on?

Planning to fill the shells with expanding foam (gap filler) or plaster to make them more resilient to grubby, grabby hands!…. Anyone had success with something like this?

Many thanks - Helen

Helen Fothergill

Head of Collections

Museums & Galleries
Education, Culture and Sport
Aberdeen City Council

(M, Th, F) Aberdeen Maritime Museum, Shiprow, Aberdeen, AB11 5BY

T: 01224 33 7704

(Tu, W) Aberdeen Art Gallery, Schoolhill, Aberdeen, AB10 1FQ

T: 01224 52 3712

Aberdeen Art Gallery open: Tuesday - Saturday 10-5; Sunday 2-5 (closed Monday)

Aberdeen Maritime museum open: Tuesday - Saturday 10-5; Sunday 12-3 (closed Monday)

The Tolbooth museum open: Monday - Saturday 10-5 (closed Sunday)

Provost Skene's House currently closed to allow for the demolition of the neighbouring building

www.facebook.com/AAGandM
http://twitter.com/AbdnArtMuseums

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail (including any attachment to it) is confidential, protected by
copyright and may be privileged.  The information contained in it should be used for its intended
purposes only. If you receive this email in error, notify the sender by reply email, delete the
received email and do not make use of, disclose or copy it. Whilst we take reasonable precautions to
ensure that our emails are free from viruses, we cannot be responsible for any viruses transmitted
with this email and recommend that you subject any incoming email to your own virus checking
procedures.  Unless related to Council business, the opinions expressed in this email are those of
the sender and they do not necessarily constitute those of Aberdeen City Council. Unless we
expressly say otherwise in this email or its attachments, neither this email nor its attachments
create, form part of or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Aberdeen City
Council's incoming and outgoing email is subject to regular monitoring.
This email and any files transmitted with it is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, copy or disseminate the information or take any action in reliance on it and it would be appreciated if you would also notify the sender by reply email and then delete this email immediately. All messages passing out of this gateway are checked for viruses but Leisure and Culture Dundee strongly recommends that you check for viruses using your own virus scanner as Leisure and Culture Dundee will not take responsibility for any damage caused as a result of virus infection.