From: Moonshot community list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mehdi Hached
Sent: 08 November 2013 14:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [moonshot] Progress update - July 2013

Hello John,

To stick more closely to the moonshot documentation for the test server, I have reinstalled it, with the latest updates, on a regular virtual box (not on our IVS)
I'm experiencing ssh text connections failures without having a clue of what is wrong. Any idea about what is failing ?

hached@moonshot:~$ ssh -v [log in to unmask]
OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5+moonshot5, OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to moonshot.renater.fr [127.0.1.1] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/hached/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/hached/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /home/hached/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/hached/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /home/hached/.ssh/id_ecdsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/hached/.ssh/id_ecdsa-cert type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5+moonshot5
debug1: match: OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5+moonshot5 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5+moonshot5
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none
debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_INIT
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY
debug1: Server host key: ECDSA e2:de:5e:22:f1:26:2c:03:a1:fc:cd:ee:7f:db:c0:37
debug1: Host 'moonshot.renater.fr' is known and matches the ECDSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/hached/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug1: ssh_ecdsa_verify: signature correct
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: Roaming not allowed by server
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-keyex
debug1: No valid Key exchange context
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_1000' not found
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_1000' not found
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_1000' not found
debug1: Invalid token was supplied
Acceptor identity different than expected
debug1: Invalid token was supplied
Acceptor identity different than expected
debug1: Trying private key: /home/hached/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Trying private key: /home/hached/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Trying private key: /home/hached/.ssh/id_ecdsa
debug1: Next authentication method: password
[log in to unmask]'s password:

Second question, Jean-François told me that you met at the GEANT Symposium and you spoke about the necessity of a Radsec server to deploy a national trust router.
Jean-François told me that we can use the JANET (test?) Radsec server. I guess it is only for test purpose, am I wrong ? We will have to wait for our security team to do the DNSSEC/RADSEC implementation to be able to finish our own work with the trust router then...

Thank you for your help and advices.

Regards,