Well 'ethnic density' was a new one for me so I've not been keeping up with my reading. Can someone tell me what causal relationships have been established as I all seems very speculative.  One thing that happens both here and in the US (and Canada) is that in areas with higher proportions of particular minority groups organised informal and formal support structures are developed that provide support across a whole range of social and economic challenges for the members of that group. These are not simply family and friend networks, but can focus on church groups, cafes, barbershops and bars or 'wise' men and women, etc. Knowledge about these structures is usually transmitted by word of mouth so people know the places to go to and the people to talk to. The downside is that with stigmatised health conditions (mental illness and dementia being good examples) word can spread quickly and produce marginalisation and discrimination from the community itself. I'm not sure how the 'ethnic density' concept might incorporate this anecdotal observation

Regards

David Truswell
Senior Project Manager

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW MOBILE NUMBER IS 07969 692315

CNWL became a Foundation Trust on 1 May 2007. Foundation Trusts involve

service users, carers, the public, staff and partner organisations in

the way they are run and their future development. If you are

interested in becoming a member of our Foundation Trust please click

the link below for further information or call 0800 0234047.

www.cnwl.nhs.uk/membership.html