There are a couple of excellent recordings of Advent music by the
(unfortunately no longer existing) Schola Hungarica under their
directors Janka Szendrei and the late Laszlo Dobszay.

Gregorian Chants in a Village Church. Advent Mass "Rorate" - Palm Sunday
Procession / Gregorian egy falusi templomban. Rorate mise - Viragvasarnap
Hungaroton HCD 12742 (1986)

Gregorian Chants from Hungary 2. Advent - Christmas - Pentecost / Magyar
Gregorianum 2. Advent - Karacsony - Puenkoesd/
Hungaroton HCD 12048/ (1979)

Gregorian Chants from Medieval Hungary #7
The Istanbul Antiphonary
/Hungaroton HCD 31816/ (1999)

These are all based on medieval Hungarian sources.
Volker Schier

On 11/27/2013 6:45 AM, Jaye Procure wrote:

> Sorry for being disorganized about this...
>
> Veni, Veni Emmanuel (O Antiphons)
> The Angel Gabriel from Heaven Came
> O Come Divine Messiah
> Saviour of the Nations Come
> On Jordan's Bank the Baptist's Cry
> O Word, that Goest Forth On High
> Wake Wake For night is Flying
> Rorate Coeli
> Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
> Conditor Alme Siderum
>
> Jaye
>
> On 2013-11-27 5:48 AM, "Madeleine Gray"
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>     medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
>     culture
>
>     On a lighter note … our UK classical music radio channel, Radio 3,
>     is preparing a musical Advent calendar with music for Advent
>     rather than Christmas. I did a quick trawl though my early music
>     CDs and couldn’t find anything – can list members make any
>     recommendations? It would be nice to be able to flag up the long
>     tradition of Advent as a time of abstinence and penitence. But of
>     course it also needs to be music of which they can track down a
>     recording.
>

>     Maddy
>

>     Madeleine Gray PhD. FRHistS.
>
>     Reader in History | Darllenydd mewn Hanes
>
>     School of Humanities and Lifelong Learning | Ysgol Ddyniaethau a
>     Dysgu Gydol Oes//
>
>     University of South Wales | Prifysgol De Cymru
>
>     Caerleon Campus| Campws Caerllion, Newport | Casnewydd  NP18 3QT,
>     Wales | Cymru
>
>      Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675 <tel:%2B44%20%280%291633.432675>
>

>     *http://www.southwales.ac.uk*
>
>     http://twitter.com/penrhyspilgrim
>
>     http://twitter.com/HeritageUSW
>
>     http://twitter.com/USWHistory
>

>     'Never threaten to go. Always threaten to stay.' (Sally Barnes of
>     Women and the Church)
>

>     Confidential and legally privileged information may be contained
>     in this message. If you have received this message by mistake,
>     please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it
>     to anyone else or take any action based upon its contents. Any
>     views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do
>     not necessarily represent those of the University of South Wales.
>
>     Fe all cynnwys yr e-bost hwn fod yn gyfrinachol ac yn gyfreithiol
>     freintiedig. Os derbyniwyd yr e-bost hwn trwy gamgymeriad, dylid
>     hysbysu’r anfonydd, dileu’r e-bost ac ni ddylid copďo’r e-bost na
>     chyflawni unrhyw weithred ar sail ei gynnwys. Barn neu
>     safbwyntiau’r awdur yw’r rhai a fynegir yn yr e-bost hwn ac nid
>     ydynt o angenrheidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn Prifysgol De Cymru.

>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> In order
>     to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>     <mailto:[log in to unmask]> For further
>     information, visit our web site:
>     http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/medieval-religion

> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> In order to report problems or to
> contact the list's owners, write to:
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> For further
> [...]

---