On Nov 22, 2013, at 5:56 AM, Phil Feller wrote:

> I believe that Stan has it right: Rosemary is thinking of the Christmas proclamation from the Roman Martyrology:
> http://catholic-resources.org/ChurchDocs/ChristmasProclamation.htm

This would be beautiful, either sung or simply read, especially for a congregation that has never heard it.

I note that the 1994 translation tactfully obscures the traditional "In the five thousand one hundred and ninety-ninth year of the creation of the world from the time when God in the beginning created the heavens and the earth", changing it to "unknown ages from the time when God created the heavens and the earth and then formed man and woman in his own image."

Thus modern science.

O    Chris Laning <[log in to unmask]> - Davis, California
+     http://paternoster-row.org - http://www.ravelry.com/stores/medievalknitting