For those interested in medieval cuisine, "barm cakes" are simple to
make today.  Purchase a bottle or two of beer unpasteurized and still on
the lees.  Look up a recipe for "Beer bread".  Quite good, actually.
The quality of the bread varies with the quality of the beer, of course.

Now back to letting women attend churches that were not taverns.

Regards to all!
Frank