Hi Alec,

For "Early 3rd Century BC" I would have probably said "300BC - 275BC"
with going all the way to 250 BC being the "First Half" or something
similar. But I don't know if there really is a "correct" answer.

Joe

--
*Joseph Padfield*
Conservation Scientist

Facing the Modern: The Portrait in Vienna 1900
9 October 2013 - 12 January 2014

Book now:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/vienna

Sign up for news, offers and exclusive competitions from the
National Gallery:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/stay-in-touch

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg