Hi all,

I’m trying to find a way to replace ISBNs in existing records with new ISBNs. The issue is this: we have thousands of ebooks from MyiLibrary, and a while back, Coutts changed the ISBNs of these records. Coutts can provide us with new MARC records, or with a spreadsheet containing both the old and new ISBNs. We can’t delete the existing MARC records and import the new ones because of the attached order records. Also, we can’t just import the new MARC records (which would add the new ISBN to existing records) because we’re using Talis Aspire reading lists and the links to MyiLibrary don’t lead anywhere if they’re bookmarked using the old ISBN. Does anyone know how we might be able to do this? I’m not sure if it can be done with load tables, so perhaps scripts or macros is the way to go?

Regards,

Anna

--

Anna Brynolf

Senior Information Resources Assistant (Systems)

Library and Learning Resources (LLR)

London South Bank University
103 Borough Road, London, SE1 0AA

Tel: +44 (0)20 7815 6641

Email: [log in to unmask]

No.1 modern university in the UK for graduate starting salaries

Sunday Times University Guide 2011

London South Bank University is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England no. 986761. Registered Office: 103 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA.