Dear all,

We're considering purchasing Quick Click but we have a few questions:

1)      When we want to order an item and it hasn't already been catalogued by the supplier, would we get a brief bibliographic record so we can place the order? Does this differ with suppliers?
2)      If we are sent a brief record would we be sent a full MARC record later? Would this full record appear automatically in Sierra or would we have to retrieve it and overlay the brief record? How long does it take for the full record to be created? Again, does this differ with supplier?
3)      Are you happy with the quality of the MARC records?
4)      Is there anything else you think we should be aware of if we are to purchase Quick Click?

Thank you for your help and do let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Melanie Grant

Melanie Grant
Acquisition Services Manager
Wellcome Library
The Wellcome Trust
215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE
T: +44 (0)20 7611 8322

http://wellcomelibrary.org/

From June 2013 - September 2014, the Wellcome Library is undergoing major changes as part of the Wellcome Collection Development Project. We will be open for business, but there will be disruptions to services and some Library areas will be temporarily closed.

The next phase of building works will begin 8 August. If you're planning to visit the Library over the coming months, please check for updates on the Library blog<http://wellcomelibrary.org/> where the most up-to-date information will be posted.

From 12 August 2013 - 31 March 2014 the Library will be closed on Mondays. For full details of our opening hours please check our website<http://wellcomelibrary.org/using-the-library/visiting-the-library/opening-hours/>

Please note that the Rare Materials Room will be closed on Monday 5 August to allow us to relocate the room. There will be no access to any Rare Materials that day. Due to restricted space, a booking system will be in operation from Tuesday 6 August. Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to book a space. Bookings open on 29 July.
Follow the Wellcome Library on Twitter and Facebook
  [cid:image001.png@01CE8C7C.2952F920] <http://twitter.com/wellcomelibrary>    [cid:image002.png@01CE8C7C.2952F920] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wellcome-Library/129807718846>
We are a global charitable foundation dedicated to
achieving extraordinary improvements in human and
animal health.  We support the brightest minds in
biomedical research and the medical humanities.
Our breadth of support includes public engagement,
education and the application of research to improve
health.  We are independent of both political and
commercial interests.
The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England
and Wales, no. 210183.  Its sole trustee is The
Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in
England and Wales, no. 2711000, whose registered
offices is at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security - www.websense.com