I am delighted to inform colleagues that the Leeds Centre for Dante Studies Undergraduate Study Day will be taking place on Saturday 30th November (11.30-4.30) at the University of Leeds.

The theme of this year’s event is ‘Dante and Virgil’ and it is open to all undergraduate students studying Dante, at whatever level of their programme.  (Small group work will be arranged to take into account the students’ level of prior knowledge.)  These days are intended to allow students to look at a specific key topic in greater depth than would normally be possible within the confines of a typical undergraduate module.  Students who have attended in the past have found them to be very helpful.

The day is absolutely free to current undergraduates from the UK and Republic of Ireland, and lunch is also provided.

Further information and a registration form can be found on our website at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/arts/info/40009/leeds_centre_for_dante_studies/1035/undergraduate_study_days. The registration form must be returned (to [log in to unmask]) by 25th November, so that we can arrange small group work and order catering.

I should be most grateful if colleagues who teach Dante could direct their students to this site and inform them about the day’s events.  If anyone would like to receive a poster about the event to put up in  their department, please just drop me a line (on [log in to unmask] – not by replying to this message) and I will forward it  to you.

Thanks for reading, and best wishes.  I hope to meet some of your students on the day.

Claire

Claire E. Honess

Head of School

Professor of Italian Studies

School of Modern Languages and Cultures

University of Leeds

Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK

Tel. 0113 3433631

Co-Director, Leeds Centre for Dante Studies: www.leeds.ac.uk/italian/centrefordantestudies.htm

Dante and Late Medieval Florence: Theology in Poetry, Practice, and Society: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/arts/info/125117/dante_and_late_medieval_florence

The SMLC is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/leedsmodlangs

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies