It’s another case of the difference between “Listed Buildings” and “buildings that are Listed”, or in this case “ex-buildings…”.

The Designation records in HBSMR are supposed to record the legal entities, regardless of real world actualities. So I’d say yes there should be records for the Listings, but with Notes about the real situation, and linkage to the monument records that describe and interpret the ex-buildings, flagged as destroyed etc.

Atb

Crispin

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Winfield, Hugh
Sent: 28 November 2013 11:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Listed Buildings that Never Were

Dear All,

I was wondering how people deal with Listed Buildings in their HER where the building/structure was demolished between survey and the actual listing - obviously a monument record should be created (or the details added to an existing monument) but do you have a record in the Designations area of the database?

We have 7 structures, six of which form a group, which were surveyed in 1995/6 but the listing didn't come through until 1999 by which time they had been demolished meaning that they were de-listed again within months. I do believe in having a "revoked" record with DL as the grade within the designations part of HBSMR for buildings that were de-listed following fire, inappropriate but authorised alterations etc, but think that our figures are skewed by the 7 entries that were never really listed.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh Winfield | Archaeologist |
North East Lincolnshire Regeneration Partnership | Origin 1, Europarc, Grimsby, DN37 9TZ
W 01472323586 | M 07825125964

P Reduce your environmental footprint, please do not print this

email unless you really need to.

This electronic message contains information from North East Lincolnshire Council

which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for

the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended

recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the

contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this

electronic message in error, please telephone or email the number(s) or address

above immediately. Activity and use of the North East Lincolnshire email system

is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business

purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be

recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.

Scanned by Anti Virus Software