Hello Gemmers.

I hope all you Gemmers out there can take a few moments  to help a small museum improve their learning offer.

The Helena Thompson in Workington,  West Cumbria,  are bidding for funding from The People's Lottery to develop and enhance their learning offer.

The Helena Thompson
want to create a Centre for Heritage Empowered Workington (CHEW)Project.

You can help by:

 - Making time to read the letter below from Mark Jenkinson, Director, Workington Heritage Group (WHG)

- Circulating request for support widely among all your contacts.

 - Clicking on and follow the link given by Mark, below.

 - Voting for WHG

You can help make a new interactive and engaging cultural learning centre a reality.

Oh, don't forget to check out the YouTube clips, too.

Thank you all, in advance, for your support.

Best wishes

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Lancaster - Heritage Associates

Mob: 0771 414 9351
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Here is Mark's letter,  in full, with instructions on how you can  help

Subject: The People's Millions . CHEW (Children Heritage Empowered Workington)

Good evening everyone,

I wouldn’t normally do this, but Workington Heritage Group are a charity that I’m very close to, being a voluntary director there.

Children are lacking in their knowledge of local history and are quite simply not interested in static exhibits in a stuffy museum. To combat this, WHG have plans for an education zone – CHEW (Children Heritage Empowered Workington) – which is intended to be a first class interactive centre where children and adults alike can get their hands on. When we listen to information we only retain 10%, but if we can get them ‘doing’ we can increase that to 90%. The Helena Thompson is a multi-audience arena, with dozens of schools, groups of vulnerable adults and other visitors using the centre on a daily basis. Funding from The Peoples Millions can make this happen.

Please visit

 The Peoples Millions, register, click support, favourite the link or however you’d like to do it. But if you only do one thing, please go back on the 27th November, get the telephone number and VOTE. As the only competitor from West Cumbria, every vote counts.

The number will also be printed in the Daily Mirror on the day. The show airs on the evening of 27th November and voting closes at 9pm. Please also subscribe to our

YouTube channel, where we will have a small series of films produced by Workington Sixth Form Centre to capture the attention of people on the internet.

Please forward this email to your contact list, diarise the date and lets show everybody how West Cumbria rolls!

Kind Regards

Mark Jenkinson

Workington Heritage Group

The Helena Thompson, Park End Road, Workington CA14 4DE

t:             01900 64040

m:

07790 667114

www.workingtonheritagegroup.org.uk

Workington Heritage Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with number 537881. Registered charity number 1127084

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2