From: Mark Jenkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:57 PM
To: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] DICOM Header field 0019:100E (Siemens) / dcm2nii / dtifit assumes voxel-index based orientation

Dear Andi and Mike,

The wiki page you refer to primarily explains how to check that the orientations are correct by inspecting the labels, and fixing them if necessary.  Within FSL it is actually very uncommon to use the mm coordinate system in the interfaces.  For example, fslroi uses voxel coordinates, as does slicer, and bet, and lots of other tools, including dtifit and the rest of fdt.  So I would take the opposite view to what you've said about FSL processing being related to x/y/z (mm) coordinates.  Is there any particular part of that wiki page which led you to this conclusion?  It would be worth fixing anything that you found misleading.

All the best,
Mark