Hi,

If you are doing with outside of FEAT with randomise (as you should for VBM - I didn't realise this was what you were doing) then you just need to calculate the individual first-level results with fslmaths before running the randomise analysis (which will be doing the group average).  You only have one contrast to feed up (the negative version can be taken care of in the randomise analysis by using a -1 contrast on the group mean), and the weightings are:
 0.75 0.75 -1 -1 -1 0.75 0.75
which you can calculate with:
  fslmaths image1 -add image2 -add image6 -add image7 -mul 0.75 -sub image3 -sub image4 -sub image5 contrastimage

Do this for each subject, combine the contrastimage results into a 4D image, and then run randomise with just a group mean design (like the one you had for step 2) but include both a +1 and a -1 contrast.

This will then allow you to do your statistical test validly.
All the best,
Mark