Hi,

I tried to run a three level analysis in FEAT on longitudinal fMRI data.

Level 1: run - fixed effects
Level 2: combining time 1 and time 2 runs for each person - fixed effects
Level 3: running group analysis on combined data - FLAME mixed effects

The problem that I encountered was an error in the "difference" contrast at level 2.

I had hoped to created an "average" contrast (1 1) and two difference contrasts (1 -1 and -1 1).

My guess is that - even though I've stayed a fixed effects analysis - the fact that you can fit a line perfectly between two points is upsetting FEAT. The average contrast seems to work, but not so for either of the differences.

Any thoughts? Do I have to switch to a paired t-test two level design?

Thank you for your time
Kx

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos or excessive brevity